15 June 2009

Counting

This is a little post to brag about my little miracle of a son. The other day Asher was playing with some game pieces. He was making them jump off the computer desk when I heard him say, "one, two, three..." I was shocked because I have counted a little with him, but not much, only to about five on fingers. I have been focusing more on shapes and colors. I looked at him and said, "Did you just say 'one, two, three?'" He then preceded to say, "four, five, six, seven, eight." I was amazed! I'm sure he's heard it before, but I don't really know where and I didn't realize he knew the numbers that well.

I haven't been able to get it on video yet, but will keep trying. So, we've been practicing our numbers and letters. He'll be sitting playing and I'll hear him say things like, "six, H, X, two..." He names off all the numbers and letters he can remember. I am blessed with such a bright child. If he keeps this up, he'll pass me up in a few years. :o)

1 comment:

Awesome LaTerry said...

I wish that I had some form of transportation so that I could come and see Asher more. He's so freaking adorable.