11 November 2008

6 Quirks

I was tagged by my friend, Stef, to list 6 quirky things about myself...this should be interesting.

1. Popcorn is like a food group to me. It goes way past comfort food. I could live off of popcorn and juice. Josh worries about me sometimes because that's all I feel in the mood to eat. It's definitely not the worst thing I could be eating, but not the best. When I was pregnant I ate popcorn at least 2 or 3 times a week, and when I say I ate popcorn I mean I ate an entire bag each time.

2. I still enjoy old cheesy tv shows like Full House and Saved by the Bell and Sabrina the Teenage Witch (the one I am most emabarrassed to admit).

3. I am obsessed with chapstick and lotion. I put both in whatever room I am going to be in the most that day. When I was in high school and forgot either/both I would tell my parents that I forgot homework so they would turn around and go home so I could get them. Josh used to tell me that I was addicted to them, and that addictions are bad. He eventually got used to the idea. I joke that when we have a big home I am going to have chapstick and lotion in every room...but it's not really a joke.

4. I am a little OCD about some things...ok after hearing this, you'll probably think I'm a lot OCD, but it's only about a few things. For example, when I was sending out our wedding announcements, I hand wrote every single one and wouldn't let anyone help me because it would have bugged me to have them not written in the same handwriting. I know that no one else would know, but it would bug me.

5.
I have a really hard time not finishing a book once I started reading it, even if I don't enjoy it. I am constantly reading, and I have probably only done that once or twice in my life. And on that reading note, I read every single page of every single book I was assigned in high school. Even if I didn't get time to read the assigned chapter before it was due, I would always go back and make it up.

6.
I am really scared of really big things, like diesel trucks. When one is coming up behind me on the freeway I feel like I'm being chased by a dinosaur and I have to change lanes. And I have a hard time looking when I'm passing over large expanses of water (especially when it's dark) because I just know that some huge sea monster is going to jump out of the water.

Wow, I've just realized that I am a very strange person! :o)

Oh, and I tag Cherisa, Arian, and Sarah. And anyone else that wants to do it.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Yes I am on your buddy list! I too LOVE Saved by the Bell and popcorn. Oh, your boots you wore today were super cute.

Anonymous said...

Wow . . . some of those quirks are pretty hot! My perfect day would be laid out as follows:

1) Put on chapstick;

2) Rub lotion on legs, feet, arms, and hands;

3) Sit down and cuddle up to (a) a good show like Saved By the Bell, or (b) a good book, and do this while eating a bag of popcorn;

I'd like to get to know you a little better. How 'bout we meet, at your place?!?

I LOVE YOU!

P.S. I agree with your incredibly good looking husband (as seen in his picture). You shouldn't keep lotion and chapstick in each room. That's just weird. By the way, can I meet him too?

Amber and fam said...

By the way, that was Josh leaving that anonymous comment. He was just trying to be funny. It kinda freaked me out...I was about to make my blog password protected. Geez!

Mark, Stef, and Grace said...

Ha Ha I love it! that would totally freak me out too!!!! So funny!

FireMedicMom said...

You just made me laugh out loud. :) Love you!

BTW...is the anonymous comment from JOSH????? Just a guess

FireMedicMom said...

OK- I'm a nerd....I should have kept reading and answered my own question. :)