12 May 2008

And another class...

In addition to my music classes at UVSC, my sister, Camille, and I have also begun a cake decorating class. We have both talked individually about doing it, and finally decided we would take the classes together. Last Saturday was the second class of the first course. (There are four classes in each course, and four courses total.) So, I thought I would share some pictures of the first cake I made (from scratch, mind you!) and decorated. Don't laugh!






I decided to do the cake for my mom for Mother's Day. It is a yellow cake with raspberry jam/jello filling.









Here, the cake is completely frosted. It is very difficult to get it completely smooth with this kind of frosting. Which is so frustrating because I can be a little OCD sometimes. Just doing that took A LOT of work! It still bugs me that I wasn't able to get it smoother...?...yeah, I don't think that's a word.







And the finished product! I put those little colorful dots all around the sides too. The flowers were outlined by cookiecutters, but the "Mom" is all freehand. Mildly humorous...but it's my first cake.




These classes are a lot more work (and money) than we anticipated. I think I have more homework for this class than my three UVSC classes combined. But we have a blast! Hopefully someday I'll be good enough to make a little side money from it. But for now, I'm just having fun!

6 comments:

Jon and Shiloh said...

I've always wanted to take a cake decorating class. How awesome! (Definitely extra money in the future. Very smart.) And I think your cake turned out wonderful!!

FireMedicMom said...

That looks great!!! Good luck with your class- hope it leads you where you want to go with it! :)

Heather said...

So So So cute! I love it!

Kathryn said...

That looks Amazing!! I love it. That looks like such a fun class

Nate + Carlee said...

Looks like fun! You are so talented! I wish I had the motivation to do something like that...

Arian said...

Hooray!! I am so excited for you that you started your cake decorating class. I can't wait to see each finished product!! Keep the pictures coming.