12 May 2010

This Means War

Josh is very adept at playing pranks. You should hear some of the stuff he got guys to do on his mission, or things he pulls at work. I, on the other hand, am not. I can't keep surprises from Josh, even when I try my hardest. I always end up telling him before it happens. And I definitely can't pull pranks. It is so difficult for me to keep a straight face, even for just a minute.

Because of this, Josh has been able to prank me quite a bit without being on the receiving end from me. For example, he has turned the shower head and before I noticed it, I turned on the shower and all the water came spraying out all over the bathroom. There was also one night when I laid down and turned to cuddle up to him and felt a lump underneath me. I just assumed it was Josh's arm in a funny place, so I tried readjusting. That didn't help, so I moved again and finally realized it was something underneath me. Josh, all the while, has said nothing, hasn't even made a face. To make a long story short, I finally realized he had stuck a dirty diaper underneath the mattress cover. Luckily it was only filled with pee.

Well, the latest was last night. I was up later than Josh because I had to finish up some work for my at-home customer service position. Josh was asleep by the time I went to bed. I started brushing my teeth and immediately started to feel tingly all over my mouth. I realized what the taste was and spit it out, not believing what I was experiencing. I rinsed my toothbrush and applied more toothpaste. This time, despite my lips, tongue, and gums going numb, I finished brushing. Josh had put baby orajel all over my toothbrush. It took quite a few minutes for my mouth to feel normal again. I'm sure you're laughing, I am too. But at the time I was thinking, "Are you kidding me? I cannot believe this!" I wrote him a message on the mirror that this means war. Wanna know what he wrote back? Not, "Ooh, bring it on." Or "Oh, I'm scared!" He wanted to know when I noticed and, if it was after I'd brushed, what the affects were on my mouth. Twerp!

I am determined to get him back. But I'm not good at this. Do any of you have any funny/annoying, not too mean, prank ideas that I can pull on him?

4 comments:

Brandon and Lindsey B said...

Saran wrap on the toilet...just make sure you make him clean up the bathroom!

Lindsey

Rachel Dean-Dastrup said...

haha! that is so funny and so mean! I'm not a good prankster either. Wish I had something to pass on!

About your post below... Oh if life were more consistent! I don't even have kids and I struggle keeping up with everything. The other day I was complaining to Dev. I sounded something like this... How am I expected to get everything done when I work 50 hours a week, am in the young womens, visiting teaching, let alone housework/cooking/laundry/yard, blah blah. ect

Then I told him I feel guilty when I tell someone no I can't do something because it interferes with my gym time.

Dev was like, Whoa, I totally don't understand how you get yourself into this anxious cycle! Just relax and take it a day at a time.

I was like... HUH? relax, what does that mean?! haha. I envy Devin and anyone who just lets things roll off their shoulders.

So Amber, we just need to relax and take things one project at a time. Then give ourselves some credit. If I figure out how to do that, i'll let ya know!

Ashley Arnold said...

BAA HAA!! That is hilarious Amber! I got a really good laugh out of this post. As for pranks, hmm, I had a friend post something on Craigslist and had all the phone calls go to her fiance... it was an April fools joke... I'll keep think about other pranks. You have to get Josh back!

Mon Coeur De Vous said...

Why haven't you ever asked me!! We could totally woop something up for you to do... we can even have some practice time to keep a straight face!! I say you secretly video tape the whole thing, then post it! hahahahahahaha!!! ;)
(what does woop mean?)haha