25 February 2010

And the Winner Is ....

I apologize that it has taken so long to post the winner of my little competition. I LOVED the suggestions given and it was very difficult to decide on which name I liked the most. I really appreciate all of your submissions and ideas! I could never have come up with some of those. You are all very creative!

After thinking it through and the idea of what I want to have behind my cake business I have made my decision.

And the winner is.... Drum roll please.......

"And Everything Nice Cakes" submitted by my cousin, Ashley Jones. I am in the process of registering it as a name. So far, I have found out that it is not currently registered in the state of Utah. Yay!

Like I said, I loved all of the submissions! It was a hard decision. There were so many very creative and cute ideas. But I eventually decided on this name because I like that the "everything nice" can show that I do all different types of cakes - everything! That I am versatile in what I offer... and that all of it is nice! :o) I also really liked the play on the "sugar and spice" saying.

I will definitely keep my favorites in mind, just in case something goes wrong with the name I have chosen. My next project will be to get the name officially registered and with a cute design and then to get the blog up and running. I will continue to keep you posted on the progress and would love any ideas or referrals.

A special thank you to all who submitted ideas!!

A PS to Ashley... I'll talk with you tomorrow at our girl's night (YAY!) about ideas of what we can do for your cake. I was thinking it'd be fun to do a graduation/going away cake for you!

4 comments:

Ashley Arnold said...

WOO HOO! Yay! I'm so happy you like that idea! I'm SO excited for you, Amber!! Let me know if you want some help with design ideas... I can mess around with a few things. I designed Arian's blog header - check it out and see if you like it. picturetoportrait.blogspot.com.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love the name too! too bad it wasn't mine though. haha.

Jason and Bri said...

I like the name, hey babe so am going start using u to make cakes for me so i need ur phone # and stuff email it to me. What do u charge?

Ashley Arnold said...

Here is that link to bakerella.com... that baking blog I was telling you about... http://www.bakerella.com/