08 December 2009

The Polar Express

When Brandi's (my best friend) grandma came to visit her and her family she bought tickets for all of them to ride the Polar Express. Every year the Heber Creeper turns their train into the Polar Express for the kids. They ended up having an extra ticket so I was able to tag along.

Asher loved the train!
And yes, that is me out in the freezing cold without anything covering Carolina. I'm a terrible mother! (Actually we just ran outside for a quick picture with the train.)
This was after we got settled down. Both of my kids were throwing fits when we first boarded the train.
It was really fun though! All the kids wore their jammies. There were little elves dancing and singing up and down the aisles. They would come and talk to the kids and ask them what they wanted for Christmas. We also got hot chocolate and cookies.
This picture is of us and Brandi's brother, Justin, and dad, Dave... my second family. Oh, and an elf!
Then, after we got to the "North Pole", Santa boarded the train and visited each child to give them a bell. Below is Brandi's daughter, Camri, and Asher with Santa.
Asher loved the bells! That was his favorite part. Santa gave him two, one for Lena, but now Asher has two bells. He now insists on sleeping with them in his bed. I guess the upside is that it has helped him get past his need to sleep with his collection of rocks. Kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute cute cute! It's fun to catch up, I just wish it wasn't over a blog! haha