08 May 2009

Corrections

Maybe some of you can relate... I am the type of person that thinks and rethinks things. Hence, the reason for this post. I always go back and read my posts later, sometimes several times, to make sure they are the way that I want them to be. The last two posts I haven't been happy with because I feel that I should've added something to them in both cases. So, I will make some corrections... or additions. :o)

The joke post talks about me not having money to do any of the things that the woman is talking about. I just want to say that even though we cannot afford for me to have new clothes, hair appointments, and chocolate (ok, maybe a little chocolate), I am not complaining. I am by no means homeless and was not comparing myself to her. I have a lot to be grateful for!

Second, it occurred to me that it might seem a little silly for me to post about my good grades when a lot of you probably got or still get grades similar to this all the time. I just wanted to add that these grades are not an abnormal occurrence for me under normal circumstances. The reason I am so proud of them is because of everything I had going on this semester (i.e. taking care of a toddler, attending two different schools at the same time, my husband working full-time, and being pregnant, etc). I am proud because I wanted to give up so many times but didn't... and I pulled it off.

Anyway, this may seem unnecessary but I worry about giving the wrong impression sometimes. I also frequently walk away from conversations feeling dumb about the things I said or the way I said them. I hope some of you do the same so that you can relate. :o)

4 comments:

Kiersten said...

Amber--I totally feel the same way. I always wonder if I've just said something stupid when I walk away from a conversation, and sometimes the thought of "dang, should I have just posted that on my blog?" drives me crazy with worry. Anyway though, I loved both of your posts. The homeless lady one was hilarious (I didn't think you were feeling sorry for yourself at all!) and the one about your grades was awesome. I think you should always post things like that, because you'll want to remember it someday. And seriously, it's a huge deal. It's tough to get grades like that even when you don't have a toddler to take care of and another one on the way!

Heather said...

Amber, girl, brag it up! You deserve it! I'm sure all of us who read your blog are ecstatic for you (I know I am)! So, no worries!

Anonymous said...

haha. you are so funny. I do not think you should ever feel like you need to explain yourself. I didn't think you were saying anything negative about the chocolate joke (none the less complaining) AND I am so excited for your grades. I like to hear these updates! Good job :) You shouldn't down play it at all!

CherryTerry said...

Ya, actually, I do walk away from many conversations and/or situations feeling that way...