04 March 2008

Shout Out to the Military

Well, I just wanted to post a little tribute to my best friend. Sgt. Brandi Palmer is currently serving in Iraq as an Army Reservist. This is a picture of her and her little family. Brandi was deployed to Iraq when her daughter was not even a year. Brandi missed Camri's first birthday, first steps, first words, etc. Nate has been the only parent at home for close to a year, while working and going to school. But I don't want you to get the idea that this is to dog on the war in Iraq. In speaking with Brandi, I have learned that there are still good things going on there. The Iraqi people are so grateful for the efforts of the U.S. military.
Brandi will be coming home within the next month! I am so grateful for her safety, and equally grateful for her selfless service. It is because of Brandi, and those like her, that we enjoy the freedoms that we do today. So, please take some time tonight to pray for the military and their families. It is not easy!

4 comments:

Mark, Stef, and Grace said...

Hi Amber! I'm so glad you joined the blog world, I love yours too! Asher is so cute. I hope you don't mind, but I emailed my mom some pics you sent out of Asher and she couldn't stop saying how cute he is! It's true! We need to get together for lunch or something!

Kiersten said...

Hey Amber--I found your blog through Heather's--is it okay if I snoop around? It's so cute. And little Asher is adorable. I can't believe he's so big already! Oh, and I love the music you have on your sidebar!

Kathryn said...

Oh my gosh I am so happy you are a blogger now. Although I am a little sad that there is no picture of your puppy that I read about on heathers blog. I want to see it.

Heather said...

Ok, so.....you need to update! :)