17 July 2010

Depth

Josh is in the other room reading to Asher before bed. As I wait for him to finish I find myself thinking about thinking. I worry sometimes that I have lost my depth. I read posts and thoughts from others and find myself wondering why I don't post more personal thoughts and feelings. I do every now and then, but that is basically when I am having a meltdown and I need to vent somewhere. 

I wonder if I allow myself to get so caught up in the day to day routine that I don't spend much time thinking like I used to. I know I am a thinker. I always have been, sometimes to a fault. But I don't express it like I used to. There is so much else crowding my mind. 

But when it really comes down to it, my blog is much the way I am around most people... it rarely ventures past the surface things. Why do I feel myself putting up a face so often? I can't remember back to a time when I wasn't this way. It has nothing to do with others, it's just me. Maybe it started when I found myself battling the depression. When I am there it is hard to express it to anyone that I am not extremely close to. And for those few I do feel are close enough I apologize because they usually get the brunt of it!

I want to say that I'm going to make my blog more personal, but I can't promise anything. Every time I say that I eventually get away from it. I want to be more cultured. I want to have my own ideas, to stop reading others' ideas and wishing they were my own. I want to have more of an opinion. I want to feel like I am somebody in this great, big world.



1 comment:

Rachel Dean-Dastrup said...

It's easier to see others talents than it is to see our own. As I read that, I thought, WHAT?! She must not know that I read her blog and always love it. You do have depth Ms. Amber. But it's you looking into yourself... that's why you don't always see it.